duTreil, Lundin & Rackley, Inc.  CONSULTING ENGINEERS 

SERVING THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY SINCE 1941 

History 


 

  Home

  Services

  People

  Technical Education

  History

  Associations & Links

  Contact

 dLR  |   A.D. Ring   |  du Treil - Rackley




Andrew Donald Ring

  
  
A.D. Ring - page 2 of 4
  
  In 1941, “Andy” Ring left the FCC, along with colleague Ralph L. Clark.
  They established Ring & Clark, consulting radio engineers, opening the   doors for business on May 1, 1941. From 1941-1945, the new firm   prospered, attracting important clients - Pulitzer, The Yankee Network,   Westinghouse, Clear Channel Broadcasting Services and many
  newspapers. Andy offered his services without charge to the war effort,
  while Clark was called to active duty as Lt. Clark, USNR. Andy and Jack   deWitt, then Chief Engineer of WSM in Nashville, TN met and collaborated,   writing a paper for the proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers. Jack   was “called to the colors” and became Director of the Evans Signal Labs of   the Signal Corps. Beginning with a direct Commission as Major, he
  advanced up to Light-Colonel. Later, the two decided to form the post-war
  firm of Ring & deWitt. Jack recruited two of his “bright young captains,”
  Steve Kershner and Howard Head, to work for the new firm. They both
  joined the firm in December 1945. Subsequently, deWitt was offered the
  post of President of WSM (which he accepted), while Clark decided to   continue his Naval career, leaving Ring, Kershner and Head to continued   consulting work, still as Ring & Clark. In 1948, Andy Ring decided to
  become a sole proprietor, and changed the firm’s name to A.D. Ring &   Company.
 - continued

    A.D. Ring   1   2   3   4    
  
© du Treil, Lundin & Rackley, Inc.